Are you ready for the upcoming summer? Here are seven ways you can make sure your summer portrait session goes off without a hitch!
1. Dress appropriately. Summer means hot and humid weather, which can lead to sticky bodies. Choose breathable, lightweight fabrics that don't weigh you down.
2. Think about your hair. Being someone with curly hair... I know all about humidity affecting your hair in a not so great way!!! So instead, opt for a style that won't leave you feeling insecure. For example, a pretty braid or updo is a good choice. Or you can wear a headscarf, or use a little extra product to keep frizz at bay.
3. Pack necessities, When packing your photo shoot necessities, I recommend bringing the following items: lots of water for all, a snack for sustenance, sunscreen, umbrella for shade, water mister and makeup touch-up
4. Get creative with session ideas. Summer offers a host of activities that lend themselves to amazing photo sessions. For example, carnivals, festivals, amusement parks and plenty more. I'd be more than happy to shoot a really creative session with you!
5. Think about head to toe details. For example, if you're wearing flip-flops or open toed shoes, you want to have manicured feet. If it's really breezy, a hat or scarf can keep things under control.
6. Rest assured knowing I won't let you overheat. Sometimes it's hard just to walk outside when it's scorching outside, but know that we're going to have an amazing shoot. We will spend lots of time in the shade, dive into the cool A/C when available and I will never push your family into staying longer than they can or want.
7. The best tip for your summer session I can give is to book in the evening, in particular the Golden Hour, right before sunset! If you'd like to know why, please reference my previous post on why Golden Hour is EVERYTHING! You can read it here!
BONUS TIP **** In Home Lifestyle Sessions are perfect for fun, family photos that keep you out of the heat. Contact me for more details!